Thursday, July 1, 2010

The mostly family reunion

I am counting down the days until this weekend (Sunday really). I wasn't able to snag this weekend off due to conflicts with vacation time and all, but Jon and I are heading to Alabama...yup, for you Georgians it's the state you pick on next door.
Side note: It's interesting how I never know what to claim. I'm born and half-raised in Alabama, my whole family is from there and most still live there. I call Georgia home (since my parents live here), I've lived here basically since 4th grade and went to college here so I suppose I'm an FAlaGeorgian....mostly Georgia, still some Alabama in the blood and a little Florida sunshine in my heart.
Anyways...back on topic...Jon and I are heading over to Alabama for a long weekend trip. I'm really excited about it and can't wait for Jon to see "home". I can't wait to spend some time with my precious baby neice and then see my long-lost family (and maybe some not so long-long ones too). I have been the worst granddaughter in the world and have not seen my grandma in over 2 years. Let's just say I have my reasons and excuses with living so far away, having limited funds, and only having one weekend off a month. However, I've been away too long and can't wait to see her! This weekend is going to be great too because I'm getting to see my Ohio family at the same time! I haven't seen them in even longer! For various reasons it's probably been 5 years since I've seen my cousin and 2 years since I've seen my aunt and uncle. Plus, all this is even more exciting because my cousin and I both got married and the spouses have not been introduced to the rest of the family yet. Should be fun...as long as Jon behaves! :-) I'm excited about some good family time, showing Jon around parts of Alabama and childhood memories and being on "vacation" until next Friday! Peace out kids!

1 comment:

  1. I will be around all week! If you have time to meet up, let me know!!

    ReplyDelete