Thursday, February 24, 2011

Just a glimpse

I feel like I have become obsessed with ideas. But, to my defense I don't think it's just me. I'm just one of those people who once they get an idea in their heads I'm bound and determined to make it happen and soon and if for some reason I can't (ie...things out of my control) then I'll daydream about it until it all becomes a reality. Well, ever since we got the house and the options are practically limitless I find myself daydreaming about home ideas. I love how it all fell together without us really buying anything when we moved in, but I just always have these ideas of making the space more comfortable and homey...is that a word? Well, anyways, you get what I'm saying and I realize that, to quote a friend, "Rome wasn't built in a day" but it's so fun to look at ideas and imagine them in your own house. Here are some things that I love....






I love the use of vintage windows in home decor. I don't think I'll be as creative as this person was but I am planning to hunt down some cool windows at the antique store this weekend and hang them in the guest bedroom. I think that they'll give it a really cool, coastal, vintage feel and I actually got Jon to agree with me on this brilliant idea. I think it's funny how I used to hate the "shabby chic" look but I think I've discovered that it kinda personifies who I am. I've really been diggin' it lately and think it's time to bring some more "shabby chic" touches into our home.

The other rooms are ideas for our fireside living area and the sunroom. I LOOOVE the daybed idea for a sunroom. I just think it makes it so cozy and functional, especially if you're trying to incorporate an extra sleeping space for guests somewhere. I also LOVE the green chairs from the other sunroom setup and the drapes too! The purple chairs by the fireplace are NOT on the like list but I do love the way the chairs are set up in front of the fireplace. It's just so inviting. It makes you want to curl up next to the fireplace and read a book. Well, at least I think so. I think that set-up will definitely make it into the house when the resources allow.


Okay, I can't resist, I must share...I got sidetracked on Pottery Barn the other day and happened across this lovely baby girl room....I'll just tell Jon I was looking for my niece in the bun now....and of course, I'll add the disclaimer for those with wondering minds....I have NO reason to be looking at this but like I said...couldn't resist....and isn't it beautiful?




No comments:

Post a Comment