Friday, February 11, 2011

Settle For A Slowdown


Wow, I can’t believe I’ve not blogged in over a month! I guess that kinda speaks for itself, well…either I haven’t had time or I’ve gotten bored talking about myself. Well, I think it’s really a little bit of both, but to give you a glimpse into what’s been happening since January 7, 2011 here it goes: first we moved, technically that was before the 7th but you know how that goes, there’s always stuff to do and definitely better things to do than sit in front of a computer and blog, then we came down with the flu, that took about a week of doing nothing but sleeping and sitting on the sofa watching Jersey Shore repeats, after that the blizzard ice storm came to Atlanta, that actually trapped us inside the house for a few days so one would think that I had time to blog but we didn’t have internet service yet and I wasn’t about to finger tap a blog entry on my phone, so, forgive me, let’s see….after we moved, got over the flu, got internet service back and survived the winter ice blast we hosted a game night at the house and had our housewarming party, I think we thoroughly warmed our house and have quite the well-stocked bar as a result, once things started to settle down Jon and I were off to Florida, followed by Mexico on a week-long excursion/cruise from Atlanta-Orlando-Miami-Key West-Cozumel-Miami-Orlando and finally we’re HOME! Okay…the end of my ramble session. Let’s get back to proper use of commas and periods. Life’s been busy and I really like staying that way. However, I was so happy to be home this week and purposefully avoided making too many plans for this weekend. I do plan on having a mini birthday celebration with some friends on Saturday night, but am making no social plans other than that. I can’t wait to just relax and play around town with my hubby. I think that’s something we struggle with sometimes. We never leave enough time for us to truly hang out together (after work during the week doesn’t count) and do whatever strikes us at the time. It seems that since both of us are social and like to be around other people we sometimes forget that we A. don’t have to have plans and B. don’t have to surround ourselves with other people every time we have a free moment on the weekends. And, for that reason… we are having a date night/ movie night tonight! As for tomorrow night, we’ll be social. But, tonight and tomorrow during the day, I plan on hanging out with the hubby and the pups. I think we’ll venture out on a walk to the dog park in the morning and am interested in going to my first antique mall tomorrow afternoon. Hmm…you think I can convince Jon to go? We’ll see. Am I getting old? All I talked about this blog was needing to slow down and it ended with going to antique malls. Ugh….it must be the late twenties kickin’ in….

No comments:

Post a Comment