Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ample time

Let's see, so it's been about two weeks since I've blogged and about two weeks since I've worked. One would think that since I have nothing to do I would have plenty of time to write. I used to be so good about writing at least every other day and it's definitely tapered off to more like once every week or two.
Honestly, not too much has been happening since the last entry besides hanging out with friends and spending time at home with the hubby. I traveled with Jon for a week and since then I've pretty much occupied my time with window shopping, soul searching, and being a good old-fashioned house wife. To elaborate...the window shopping is a bad habit. I have to get out of the house at some point in the day and my favorite go-to places seem to be HomeGoods, IKEA and Target. I'm pretty sure I've mentally re-decorated the entire house AND found where I can buy everything that I imagined. Yes, I need a job before I start decorating the neighbors house too! The soul searching has led to the biggest decision and because I don't have time to share my entire train of thought nor want to share the contents of my soul on blogger, the summary is that I have decided to forgo returning to school. I could see myself being a nurse but not myself being a student for three or more years before getting to that point. So, I am currently looking for a job that I will love, a job helping others, a job in which I will have my weekends back, a job that will leave me time for my family and photography, and a job that makes me feel good about myself. At this point I pretty much am a good ole housewife! I cook dinner, keep the house clean, do the laundry, run the errands (you know, dropping off the dry cleaning, taking the dogs to get their nails clipped...the fun stuff that can only happen during daytime hours) and search for jobs between it all. I'm not gonna lie...I'm kinda livin' the life while Jon brings home the bacon.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to ask what you decided about school but then I read this... I think your job should be "mommy" :) But not before I come back and we go out for a cocktail!!!

    ReplyDelete