Monday, November 22, 2010

Life's exciting in the Ray house lately

So, I feel like I say this at the beginning of every blog post now, but I can't believe I haven't been blogging more! There have been so many things happening and so many things to talk about. I guess I'll have to give the short and sweet version.

First things first.... number 1: I have a J.O.B. I started a while ago working a "temp to hire" position in the Accounting department, specifically Accounts Payable, at a law firm and was pretty much banking on it turning into something so I stopped the job hunt to see where it could take me. I'm working there now and like the work okay, but it is an accounting department (aka boring) and there's just not much room for growth in the position. So.....last week a friend of mine and previous co-worker recommended another position to me and I figured "why not see where it goes?" I interviewed for it and within 24 hours had an offer! I'm really excited about this position and can't wait to start after Thanksgiving. It's still in the general property management field but a completely different position (in the corporate office working in corporate housing). So, it's nice to know that I'm feeding off my prior knowledge and experience but taking a better path within the industry. I'm really pretty excited about it and think it will be a good move for me. Oh, and I forgot the best part! NO SATURDAYS!! I looooooovve having Saturday to do whatever I want. I've been getting so much more time with Jon and have really enjoyed having the extra quality time to do things together. Jon and I have been able to take the dogs to the dog park almost every Saturday and I love it! Actually, this leads me into number 2 on the list of things to talk about.

Number 2: We're buying a house!! Jon and I had been at the dog park one Saturday morning and just made the off-handed comment that we should look in the neighborhoods around the park. So, being my crazy, Zillow-app-loving self I started looking once we got home. I found an absolutely beautiful house within walking distance to the park and HAD to go see it. We scheduled a viewing and fell in love! We had been looking in the general area and fell in love with a different house just a few streets over, but this house is absolutely phenomenal!! It puts the other house that we loved so much to shame AND the morning we viewed the house they dropped the listing price, so of course it was meant to be! A couple days later we put an offer down, came to a good meeting ground with a few counteroffers, and are now UNDER CONTRACT on our first home! If all things go well we should be getting the keys on December 27th, so Merry Christmas to us!! Keep your fingers crossed for us because this house is dreamy and has plently of room for growing ;-) and entertaining guests and it'd be heartbreaking for it to fall through.

Well, I think I did a decent job covering the hot happenings in the life of the Rays recently but I will try to get back in the habit of blogging someday so that I don't have to continue doing these "recap" postings. I'll leave you with a picture of us in front of the house. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment