Sunday, November 28, 2010

So thankful this year

I am thankful for so many things this Thanksgiving. I really don't know how it could be any better right now. Things are just going well and this Thanksgiving Jon and I got to stay in Atlanta AND manage to see all of our family. We started the week/weekend off with a trip to my parent's house to see my brother, sister-in law and niece on Wednesday night when they got into town. We got a chance to kick it off right with a little relaxation and a couple glasses of sangria. I had been pretty sick on Tuesday and Wednesday so I was in need of some R&R after the workday, a brief stint cooking and just simply trying to get over a nasty cold. Thursday we started out gorging ourselves on fantastic food at my parents house with the whole Crowe clan. Once everyone started drifting into turkey coma there we headed to Fayetteville to eat yet another Thanksgiving meal with the Rays. Jon's brothers and family hadn't all been together for a holiday in something like 4 years so this was quite a special holiday. We pretty much hung out there the rest of the weekend with trips back home to sleep at night and spend some time with the pups (who probably felt like this was the worst holiday of their lives). Also, on Friday we got to kidnap Lane, my brother's little girl, and take her to play with the other 4 kids at the Rays. It was a learning experience with the car seat installation....now I understand the reasoning behind getting separate bases for each car. It's not that it was hard, but just a pain getting it perfectly tight. But, we had lots of fun and she had a blast playing with Cami (Jon's brother Bill's little 3 year old girl). I loved getting to be the "go to" comfort person for her. And of course, I can't get enough of the way she says "Aunt Amanda." I realized that I failed miserably with the picture taking this holiday. I don't think I got a single picture. Ooops. Maybe I can ask around to see if anyone else managed to capture any moments. Now, off to decorate for Christmas! Side note: I refused to take part in any Christmas festivities until Thanksgiving has passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment