Saturday, December 11, 2010

Gainful employment

So, I've officially made it through my first week of my new job. I have to say it's interesting that after a week I really only know maybe 15% more than I did going into it. Hmm...is that a problem? I really don't know. It's funny because I don't think anyone really knows how to explain things to me that I'm supposed to be doing or be in charge of. So, I'm trying to gather as much random information as possible and maybe I'll be able to arrange it into an order that makes sense to me. I really do think that I'm going to enjoy it though. It's a lot of the same stuff I was doing but more on the management/operational side of things. However, I'm not JUST a cube monkey. I actually get to interact with people too which is nice. My boss seems super cool which is refreshing and everyone has been very welcoming. The egos don't seem to be out of control as they can sometimes be in work settings. I think overall it's going to be a good fit...that is, once I figure out what I actually do, Ha.

On another note, we're inching closer and closer to our closing date! The paperwork required has been quite excessive and slightly invasive but hopefully, come December it'll all be worth it when we're chillin' in our amazing house in front of a nice fire sippin' on hot tea. Well, tea sounds better but really...coffee or wine is a little more realistic for us. Up until the past week or so I've tried to keep an arms-length distance between me and the house just in case it didn't actually happen. However, the closer it gets and the more people we tell the more real it feels. I've started imagining what it's going to look like with all our furniture set-up. I've been planning housewarming open houses/parties and designing invitations. I've actually bought a couple things that I wanted for the house too. It's getting exciting! I'm trying to not let it take the excitement away from Christmas because as I said in an earlier post, I LOVE Christmas, but...I figure I'm just getting excited about the best Christmas present I'll ever get, right?

I'm attaching an image of the Christmas card we decided on since obviously 50 cards is not enough for me to get them out to both family AND friends. Merry Christmas from the Rays!

No comments:

Post a Comment