Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Am I dreaming?

Anyone who ever hears me complain just smack me, okay?  I think that sometimes we lose sight of just how good we have it.  I am coming to realize that more and hope that I can keep my complaining and wishing for more to a minimum in the future.  I think I've mentioned this before but Jon and I both have an issue of constantly looking for the "next best thing" which tends to make you forget what you already have right in front of you.  For instance, Jon and I both have great jobs (AND, mine just got better!!), a roof over our heads, actually..more than just a roof...our dream roof over our heads, great friends, amazing family, tons of love, tons of laughter, good health (well, according to me...Jon, well, that's a whole different story, *cough* hypochondriac*cough*), two hilariously cuddly pup babies, and just live a good life.  I shouldn't ever complain.  I found a quote one day while wasting way too much time browsing Pinterest.  I'm too lazy to type it out so I added the picture to the left.  But, we really are lucky and blessed.  Read it, it's great food for thought.

Now, to elaborate on my new J-O-B that I mentioned above.  I pretty much landed my dream job!  I never really knew what my dream job would entail or really even if there was such a thing or if it was possible to achieve once I figured it all out, but...looks like I'm getting some answers.  I've been muddling my way through life trying to figure out exactly what I should be when I grow up for quite some time now.  And, although somedays I think I could be perfectly happy NOT working at all ;-), I really know that wouldn't last long.  Unless there were kiddos involved and even then, I don't know if I'm a stay-at-home-mom type.  But, here it is.....drum roll....I am going to be a Wish Coordinator!  It pretty much rolls everything I've ever been interested in into one job!  Non-profit work, helping others, medicine, travel, organization, counseling, children, families, budgeting, AND it's all mine!  I'll start next month and am so excited!  It felt funny to switch jobs right now seeing as I only started here about 9 months ago, but this is MY job and I'm dancing-around-excited about it!  Well, I'm not really "that" type of excited girl...as someone once told me, "I'm not excitable" but I AM excited!  Will I be making the big bucks? No.  Will I be doing "easy" work?  No.  Will I be happy that I am able to bring even a little glimmer of happiness to these kids and families?  Yes.  That is all I need!  Stay tuned...maybe I'll be able to share a wish or two with you all...as long as there aren't any privacy rules involved.          

No comments:

Post a Comment