Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Planning Curse

So, I believe that I may have cursed myself. Let me explain...I'm a little bit of a planner (probably more like an "over-planner"). I typically have a timeline set out and an idea of how it will all go down. It's pretty typical of the American Dream but, here it goes.....
  1. Graduate High School
  2. Go to College
  3. Fall in Love
  4. Graduate College
  5. Start Career
  6. Get Married
  7. Buy a House
  8. Have a Baby
wait, start over...there were a couple of bumps along the way.....the way it is really going down:
  1. Graduate High School
  2. Go to College
  3. Graduate College
  4. Start JOB
  5. Fall in Love with Hubby
  6. Get Married
  7. Buy a House
  8. Start CAREER
  9. Have a Baby...
So, obviously my expectations and plans have changed a little over the years when things didn't go my way. It's not that I have always had things happen according to planned, but...I've managed to at least accomplish (in some order) the other things on my "to-do" list/planner in life. My one outstanding item on the life plan...HAVE A BABY. Well, maybe not have a baby...I would also cuddle my adopted baby for life, but...let's just say the clock has started ticking. Not in an I'm-gonna-do-everything and pull-out-all-the-stops kinda way yet, but I think it's safe to say that the thoughts of starting our family run through my head more than they ever did two years ago. But, now that I've explained...

I've been secretly jealous of too many people on Facebook, I've looked at strollers on Babies R' Us one too many times, I've window shopped the Carter's store more than I should've, I've asked people what they're naming their baby in hopes that our names weren't spoken, I've admired too many random preggos in Target and I've pretended too many times that I'm just looking for something for my niece.

I think I may have cursed myself.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Amanda, you are totally not alone! I am right there with you. It seems like pregnant women are popping up all around me. Hubby and I have talked about when and the plan and all that. It doesn't stop me from looking a those silly timelines online. Looking at my friends' babies and their rooms and thinking of what our kid would have in theirs.

    It's like...a disease. I know it changes everything, but I don't think I really mind at this point. I just want a pink little squishy of my own.

    Just wanted to let you know that you are not, at all, in any way shape or form...alone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha....thanks! Sometimes I think I'm just crazy :-) We're definitely ready and it's killing me that it's not something that just happens at the snap of a finger!

    ReplyDelete