Friday, May 27, 2011

Holidays and Staycations

The neighborhood kids are out of school riding their bikes through the neighborhood. That means it's practically summer, right? And, it's a holiday weekend! I've been getting increasingly excited about having some days off coming up. Jon and I decided to forego any getaways and just stick this one out at home. I've actually been looking forward to not going anywhere. Maybe I'm getting old? Well, anyways….I have been excited about everything that we can do this weekend while at home in Atlanta. I do have plans to clean the house, do some real grocery shopping and clean up in the yard a little, but I also thought about how we could chill by the pool, go see the double-header movie showing at the drive-in (yea, pretty sweet…Bridesmaids and Hangover 2!), hike Stone Mountain, get plenty of baby cuddles from my precious newborn baby niece (that's her in the picture, love her so much) and maybe even tickle my fancy with a trip to the driving range with the hubby. Well, I was pretty pumped about all of those things……until…….I heard this on the radio.

"Knee Deep" by Zac Brown Band feat. Jimmy Buffett

Now, all I can think about is the beach, the sand, the water…..ahhh….oh how I miss you. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment