Monday, July 11, 2011

Another room done!

So, this is post is long overdue. I can't believe I've gotten so horrible at posting these days. I promised myself that this wouldn't be a "fad" and that since I got enjoyment from blogging and even if Jon and I were the only ones reading it it was worth it because I enjoy writing and sharing and of course, who doesn't love talking about themselves? Holy run-on sentence. My 4th grade teacher would be very disappointed. Anyways, so a couple weeks ago, June 26th to be exact, I tackled another room makeover. Room at hand...guest bedroom! We had Jim and Daneel (and Olivia) coming in town over the 4th of July holiday and thought it was a great excuse to finally get some personality in the room. I think I've said it before but all of our bedrooms and the long hallway were a basic off-white when we moved in. And, although it made things nice and easy to move right into without crazy clashing bedding and walls and have-to do projects, after about 6 months in the house I made it my goal to truly make each bedroom a "finished" room. Most of this has basically entailed painting and adding a few decorative items on a budget but I think that every room is really earning a special place in my heart. We still have to add something to the wall over our bed, most likely our traditional Always Kiss Me Goodnight quote, but once we do that we'll truly have three finished bedrooms. With the nursery being the last, pending room. Of course, everything is a work in progress and constantly changing but if they didn't change, I'd be happy how they look right now. Well, sorta...what would my excuse be for weekly trips to HomeGoods if we didn't change anything? But, here it is! All turquoise and cozy. I like it. It took a while for it to grow on me right after finished painting and moved the furniture back. However, with a few stops to Target and HomeGoods and lots of trial and error I realized that all I needed was some different, more contrasting art on the walls and more white showing on the bed. What do you think? Would you feel cozy as a guest in this room?



Oh, and the iPhone only does it partial justice.

1 comment:

  1. it was lovely to stay in such a well appointed room. ( ;

    ReplyDelete