Friday, July 29, 2011

Take two!

I feel like my blog is constantly filled with house stuff now but I guess that's kinda what my life is filled with and I love it so, I love to share! I've pretty much been going one room at a time and sprucing it up. It's basically started with painting each bedroom and then deciding to add a little coordinating decor(on a budget of course). Well, the first room tackled was the boring and blah white bedroom with a random twin bed thrown in the mix. This was basically our "extra" room. We knew we didn't want to spend any major money on the two extra rooms because down the road there will be fewer extra rooms as our family grows. So, the room started with a little blue paint thrown on the walls and a few fluffs added to the bed. I also later moved the vintage window into this room and Jon and I were quite happy with the results. So, on to the next room...our bedroom and the next, our actual guest bedroom. Voile! Done and done. But, we recently moved my grandmother to an assisted living home here in Atlanta and are working on moving her out of the house in Alabama so needless to say, there was a house full of furniture that needed a place to land. Perfect! We have a twin bed filler in one of our rooms and another one that's empty, so...we'll take it! We decided to move our twin set-up into the future baby room (the ocean room) since that will be the first room to be broken down in the future and we would set-up the antique furniture set in the blue room. Easy, right?...I've been dreaming of nice full-size furniture, fluffy white bedding and a pretty blue room for a while and now I've got it for a simple $50 duvet set. So I drove my happy butt over to Target to buy the bedding. I got it home, set it up and...hmm, disappointing. I'm not sure how I feel about it. So, now I'm re-thinking bedding and pretty much the entire look of the room. Do I want to keep the dreamy idea of an all white bed going and add some color to the curtains or to a rug? Do I try to really stick with the all white look like below and hope it grows on me? Do I change the bedding all together? Do I paint the room again? What to do, ahhh! I normally applaud myself on my visions and think that they usually turn out how I planned but, I think something is missing...

What do you think about these bedding options? Envision a four poster bed with matching dresser, chest and nightstand, all in a medium stain wood, slate blue walls and white curtains. What fits? What makes it look a little less traditional? Hmm....Jon likes the yellow idea...what do you think about that?





No comments:

Post a Comment