Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Baby girls' first trimester...

Was Rough.  Since we managed to keep our happy news a secret and therefore didn't share all the details while it was actually happening I figured I'd recap a little about the first part of baby girls' journey.  We had been trying for a while and pretty much had things charted out and down to a science of when ovulation and all things related should occur.  So, needless to say when the day came that we could possibly get a reading on a test we took the plunge.  There we were waiting on the little plus sign to appear and...Nope.  No plus sign.  So after a little disappointment but realizing that everything would happen in the right time we moved on and figured we'd just try even harder next month.  Well, next month wasn't it...because only 5 days later...well, Aunt Flow didn't arrive.  So, just thinking things must be off and not wanting to get Jon excited over nothing (he was out of town on business) I decided to buy a test and take it before work the next day.  I just knew that the next morning I'd have the very unwelcome visitor and there'd be no reason to waste a test.  Well, no signs of anything to come the next morning...so, there I sat, waiting on the plus sign to appear and...there it was!  It can't be...no way...so, another test taken at lunch in the Publix bathroom (this time the digital, fool-proof kind) and...PREGNANT!  The word was there...wohoo!  So, since I definitely didn't want to call Jon to break the news I took pictures of the tests and put together a little "Looks like we're having a baby" collage, sent it over to CVS and picked up the print, gift bag and picture frame on my way home.  When I arrived home I came straight inside to Jon and handed him the bag.  I'm sure it was suspicious especially because I couldn't wipe the grin off my face.  But, he opened it up and acted surprised and was sooo excited!  Now, to keep the secret....geez!  It was so hard to keep the secret...especially  from my mom and Jon's mom.  The people that we talk to practically every day and talk about the smallest life happenings with were some of the people we had to keep our HUGE secret from.  Luckily, when all you're doing is working a sleeping the weeks go by fairly quickly.  The weeks between 6 and 10 weeks were the hardest.  I had quite the sour stomach, was practically eating saltines to survive and sleeping every moment I could.  Things started getting better around 11 weeks but still are hit or miss some days, and the intense gag reflex still remains.  Also, around 11 weeks was when I started seeing some roundness in my lower belly.  So, it was good timing to start spreading the word.  It felt great when we told our close friends and family because I finally had an explanation for my weird narcoleptic behavior and odd eating habits.  And, once the secret came out I had a free pass to crave whatever ice cream treat I wanted and permission to take a nap on a Friday night.  Man, I should've milked this earlier....

No comments:

Post a Comment