Sunday, July 22, 2012

Our best kept secret

The secret is out......Jon and I are expecting our first baby due for arrival January 12, 2013!  We couldn't be any more excited and are so happy to finally let the cat out of the bag (and get back to blogging)!  It's really hard to think of anything to write on a blog when all your energy is being put into growing a baby and all of your thoughts are consumed with your growing the little one.  But, now that we're officially in the clear and well outside the taboo time frame of the first trimester we're happy to share with the entire cyber-world.  Jon and I found out right away...at about 5 weeks and managed, very surprisingly, to keep up the poker-face on why I wasn't drinking, why I was always tired, why I craved tater tots, why sushi wasn't an option for dinner and simply why I lacked general energy and pep.  We would consult each other before every friend get together or family dinner and refine our story.  Sometimes Jon would forgo a drink to throw everyone off in thinking that we just partied too hard the night before.  Sometimes I would be taking a medicine that I wasn't allowed to combine with alcohol.  Sometimes I just felt dehydrated and needed to drink water.  You know, anything that could be halfway believable to keep our best kept little secret from being revealed.  It was hard.  We tried to find ways to only "twist the truth" in hopes that we weren't blatantly lying.  And, although I think after three straight months of excuses people started to believe something was fishy, we managed to keep our best kept secret yet!  So, now that our close friends and family know and we've had multiple confirmations from the Dr. that everything is truckin' along we are very happy to let our sweet little, yet oh so big secret out!  Baby Ray is coming soon!!  Oh, and we had an ultrasound on Saturday and Baby Ray is a Baby GIRL!!!

1 comment: