Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock and roll

We spent the weekend in Nashville, TN and I have to say....we both really liked it! There's a river running through the city, a decent skyline, cool nightlife scene, culture, and mostly for me...LOTS OF COUNTRY MUSIC! Jon and I always like to play the game of 'could we live here?' and we both actually said 'yes' on this one. Of course, Jon still wants to make it to a big city someday and I wouldn't mind it either. We do differ on NYC. I just don't think I'm a New York kind of girl. I'm not into high fashion, don't wear heels everywhere and generally don't feel a draw to pay thousands in rent for a box of an apartment. Plus, New York's the kind of place that I would always rather visit. Now, Boston is a definite yes and Chicago is a possibility. I'm kinda picky and limited in my opinions of where we could go. I tend to like a little slower paced and Jon likes the bustling city life (at least until there's a little one to worry about). I don't necessarily see us staying in Atlanta forever (sorry, mom) since that really wouldn't do much for his career, but don't want to just move anywhere when we leave it all behind. We've got it pretty nice right now...families closeby, great group of friends, awesome house and a pretty awesome set-up with Atlanta. It'd be difficult to leave, but...I try to always keep an open mind to possibilities. I'm glad we can now add another city to the list of places we'll agree on. Not that there are really insurance opportunities in Nashville, but still...it's nice to have places we both like (even if only to visit). I just like traveling and seeing new places.

No comments:

Post a Comment