Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The "junk drawer" turned box and basket

You know how everyone has a "junk drawer"? It's the place where everything gathers. We're talking mail, coupons, pens, chapstick, batteries, receipts, ipod cords, pocket change...pretty much anything. I'm sure everyones junk drawer is a little different. Ours basically ends up being the things listed above that were on the table when we had company coming over and not enough time to truly organize or put away. It started out as a box that was added to in a moment of hurry to get the house presentable and somehow has morphed into a completely full box AND a basket in two different closets. I had been talking about cleaning this thing out and truly putting things where they belonged for quite some time and finally, last night I had a moment. I made the decision to just make it happen and boy does it feel good to have everything organized and an empty junk basket (I threw away the box).

I do wish that my moment had come to me at a different time, but it still was a pretty decent time to make it happen. Jon's brother Bill and his kids are in town for the week and we decided to invite them over for a night at our house. Bill came over last night with Aiden. We ordered pizza and Uncle Jon and Aiden played a various number of video games throughout the night. We only had a couple of controllers and the games only allowed so many players so I decided to sit this video gaming session out. The boys seemed to be having so much fun so I started my little project. I finished up, enjoyed a glass (actually two glasses) of wine and we crashed around midnight. All in all a good night...good company, fun family, tasty wine and a productive night at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment