Friday, May 21, 2010

Just to see you smile

(Just to see you smile) I'd do anything that you wanted me to.... And all is said and done I'd never count the cost.... It's worth all thats lost.... Just to see you smile....LOVE IT!

I have to say that this is my all time favorite Tim McGraw song and he definitely played it on Saturday night! We had such a good time and I absolutely love Tim McGraw! Oh! Not to mention Lady Antebellum was there too! There's just something about good country music, shared with good people, all enjoyed while hanging out barefoot on the grass that makes me SO happy! Before you say something like, "barefoot? What? No Boots?" Believe me, I had my cowboy(girl) boots on before we walked in, but who can resist soft green grass between your toes? Not this girl! I just love the freeing feel of being barefoot. It's funny because I immediately kick my shoes off when I get home and keep them off as much as I can! Jon is the exact opposite and has been known to be "that guy" that wears socks and flip flops (complete with the excess sock being jammed between his big toe and long toe to accommodate the thong on his flop, ew and ouch) just to resist being barefoot. Not to mention, he walks around the house ALL the time in shoes, usually flip flops, but still! He walks up to the bed in flip flops and leaves them by the side of the bed when he lies down and slides them back on once he gets up in the morning! WHAT?! He's crazy!

This weekend was great! I'm still thinking about how I loved having my Saturday afternoon free (we had lunch and an afternoon beer on the patio :-)) and having Eric, Enslen and Lane in town made it even better! I love being close to them again and being able to see family more often. It was fun going to the concert with EandE and having a chance to hang out in such a fun atmosphere. I think we are gonna have a great life together! I can't wait for family vacations with our kids, Eric, Jason, me and our families! I think we need to start an annual family beach vacay. Maybe we could get the Lamberths (Eric's in-laws) and the Rays in on it too....that'd be so much fun! Oh!! Did I mention that Lane knows my name now? It melts my heart and I love being Aunt 'Manda. She's gonna be stiff competition for our future babies!

Moral to the story: I hate shoes, love my family and LOVE Tim McGraw!

No comments:

Post a Comment