Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Waiting Game

Why did we give it that name? It’s not a game. Games are fun and the ‘waiting game" is not fun! I feel like I’ve been playing this so-called waiting game for different things consistently for the past two years. I mean, you know…I’ve been playing it my whole life but it used to be for things like my next chance to play with my best friend or the next school day or my next test. Lately in life it’s changed to things like waiting for the love of my life and once he was found, waiting for the ring, and then after that, it was waiting until our wedding day and then waiting to hear about the move, and now it’s even another waiting game! All the other "waiting games" I’ve played lately have been positive and exciting. This waiting game has an awesome and positive end but the actual waiting part is REALLY hard. I’m excited about the end to this game.

As I’m writing this I’m thinking about how there will always be some sort of "waiting game" in life. This is just the beginning of it all. Down the road I’ll be waiting on telling people that we’re turning into a true family and then we’ll wait to meet our bundle of joy and then after that we’ll be waiting for each little milestone to happen. I guess waiting is good, it means there is anticipation. If there was nothing to anticipate what would be the fun in life? Plus….isn’t this life all one big waiting game for the next life? The life we were all meant to have?

Deep, I know.

Chicken Butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment