Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Kick me while I'm down

I feel like maybe it's just that I've had a lot going on lately with work, the possibilities for change and getting things in order, but I feel like I never get everything done or everything accomplished at the end of the day. Not that I'm stressed out but sometimes life just throws a few too many curve balls at once. The curve ball that I'm thinking about right now is my first speeding ticket since 2006 with a value of $185!! I just feel like we are always treading water with money. We're trying to pay off ALL of our debt before August to open up more possibilities for me and every time I think we're about to do it something like this happens! I hate getting paid on Friday and by the next Tuesday everything being gone! I'm not really complaining about the amount of the paycheck and actually think we're both good with money(DISCLAIMER), but I just hate the feeling of never being able to get ahead. The feeling of being stagnant and not moving forward to a bigger goal. I don't know....maybe it's just me but I have a problem with planning and looking forward to the next big thing or the next step. The next step in mind for us is right now is SAVING money! Sigh...this is what happens when I pay a pointless $200 to the Georgia government on one tab while I blog on the other...

1 comment:

  1. When you go to court, ask if you can do community service hours instead. That's what I did for the speeding ticket I got in Aug 2009. I was going 77 (in a 55mph) but the state trooper wrote me up for going 69. The fine was supposed to be $250..but the judge let me do 15 hours of community service/volunteer work (and I had 3 months to complete those hours). I will think happy (and money saving) thoughts for you! :)

    ReplyDelete