Wednesday, April 7, 2010

House decor and adult stuff

I think it's interesting how when you're younger it's all about the clothes and every extra bit of money you run across you spend on clothing and accessories and now all I want to buy is stuff for the house! I mean, don't get me wrong I still buy summer dresses (my other weakness) but I am always thinking about ways to spruce up the house. Jon and I have some nice stuff and have invested a little bit of money here or there on furniture or decor but most of our stuff was just combined and made work when we moved in together. I think it's time to make some enhancements and not a hodge podge of his and hers but OURS. Here are some pictures that show ideas I have.......


Okay….this is for the "hospital bed". We already have the white quilt. I just thought it might make it more inviting for a nice fluffy comforter to be thrown on the bottom of it. Plus…notice the red walls…I love it!
This is what I want in our bathroom. I kinda stole this idea from the interior designer here at Post. She always puts real curtains in the bathroom with the rod set at the very top of the ceiling and it just puts such a spin on the room. Plus, we have nice blue and brown towels now and I could completely change the look with this fabric hanging.
This is what I imagine our guest bedroom looking like. Nice fluffy white bedding with lots of textures and neutral tones with these green and white flowers on the wall. I'd also throw a black and white accent pillow in the mix. Maybe some green paint? Or change it up all together and do blue walls? Maybe not though. Keep in mind that our room would look different because we have a black rod iron bed. But, focus on the all white bedding....I found one that I love at Target but can't find a way to post it.
This is our living room! I have been eyeing this rug for quite some time now. It's at Target and it's just awesome. I love the colors and the pattern..... it's just a little pricey for a Target rug with dogs in the house. But, I'm getting sick of absolutely no rug and all hardwoods. And last but not least....the couch! I love the simple, clean lines of a traditional beige sofa. I think I'd also do an oversized chair with this and pick a shade darker than this.

One thing I wish we could do is paint! I can I guess but I refuse to pour money into a rental house. Maybe when we have our own house I'll add some color back into our lives.

1 comment:

  1. I love these curtains! Do you know the print, or where they came from?

    ReplyDelete