Monday, April 19, 2010

What a weekend!

This weekend we made a trip to Clarkesville, GA for Jarrod and Julia's wedding. It was a fun but LONG weekend. We got up there on Friday after a morning of pampering with Kelly and the festivities began. I'm pretty sure I managed to have a drink in hand all weekend and I'm not sure that my 26 year old self can handle many of "those" weekends anymore. It was beautiful weather this weekend and it made for a great outdoor wedding. I would add pictures but sadly left BOTH of my cameras at home. I am still so upset about it! Maybe someone will post some on facebook soon and I can steal and share them here. :-(

On another note....we got back to Atlanta and had an 'anything but relaxing' Sunday afternoon. We decided to grab some food in Norcross on our way home and swing by the show the parents our new digs and got bombarded with an old co-worker of my moms. So, an hour later we FINALLY got home. I changed to PJs, grabbed a blanket and headed for the couch. After laying there for a moment I get a knock on the back door. I'm thinking..."why would someone be knocking on the back door?" Well...because it's our landlord, who happens to also be our next door neighbor, holding Bailey covered in blood! What the hell? I mean, I'm not sure what exactly happened to her still but she has a gash on her ear and was absolutely covered in blood and it wouldn't stop bleeding! All I was thinking about was taking a nap and cuddling with the pups and now this!?! Well, I think she's fine. We were finally able to stop the bleeding and get her to calm down so that it had time to clot but this was the LAST thing we wanted to deal with on Sunday. I think we may have avoided the emergency room and a dog wearing a cone for the next week but if we hadn't been able to this would've been what our weekend tab looked like.....

$260 gray suit for wedding
$400 two nights stay at the bed and breakfast
$40 eyebrow wax and mani/pedi
$50 premium gas for the CX
$50 beer and wine
$100 chewed laptop power adaptor
$50 replacement rug with blood drops
$10 replacement washclothes from blood cleanup
$30 replacement shower curtain from blood smears
$50 replacement Rainbow sandals from blood drops
$30 replacement shower curtain from blood smears
$200 emergency vet trip
___________________________________________

$1270.00 grand total...geez... how about priceless? There's nothing like sharing a great wedding weekend with friends. However, I could've passed on the dog drama. Oh well.....trying to stay positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment