Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Mazda family...ZOOM Zoom

Jon and I are the proud owners of not one, but TWO Mazda vehicles now! As you know from the previous post we were in the market for a new car and came to the most practical decision. Jon may have not ended up with his pretnetious Beamer but rather a very nice, fully loaded CX-7. I have stood by the fact that we need an SUV. I know that they guzzle gas and that we don't NEED one for a family or anything but it just makes more sense. Why buy a car when you already have one. I like the idea of having a vehicle for all purposes. If we want to save on gas and only need "car" space then we have the 6. If we plan on taking the dogs and having any other company with us than we take the CX. It just makes the most all-around sense. Plus, we were about to trade two perfectly fine cars for two different cars. Basically Jon would've traded an SUV for a car and me a car for SUV. Makes NO sense! So, last night we went looking for me a CX-7. We found a great deal on one with all the bells and whistles. Jon wasn't sure why I didn't instantly fall in love with it. I explained how I become very attached to my cars and wasn't quite ready to get rid of mine but how we needed an SUV. Anyways, the whole thing clicked. Jon would get the CX-7. This would satisfy him with a car with upgrades and a smoother ride and we would actually both like driving each other's cars. The deal I made....if we get an unexpected surprise than I would take the "family SUV" and he could trade mine for a BMW. But for now we will enjoy our practical decision and lower car payments.

No comments:

Post a Comment