Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The itch

BMW's and babies. These two things have been the two most talked about things for Jon and I this week. To explain a little bit, we rode with Erik (who just bought a BMW) and Kate on Saturday to the G-Day game in Athens. Well, ever since then Jon's been talking about nothing other than how to get a BMW. Originally I thought it was an awful idea. I mean he has a perfectly suitable and new car! Com'mon', he just got it last summer and it's an '08!! If anyone should get a new car it should be me! I've had the same car since 2006! Now, that being said....I talked Jon out of the BMW option last summer in hopes that he would fall in love with the Xterra because it just made more sense and it's just not happening as planned. Everytime he sees a BMW he brings it up again. He's broken me down. So, I told him that he could get the BMW as long as we didn't lose money in the whole deal and he couldn't tell me I couldn't do the same. Fair, right? I think so. Plus, I'd look really hot driving that BMW. :-)

Now, onto babies.....we had a little scare. Without disclosing too many details (because no one reading this should know that much about my private parts and what's happenin' down there) all the signs pointed to us being pregnant! Exciting, but perhaps a little sooner than planned. It was nice thinking that we could be though. We started throwing out names, which room the nursery would go in, how cute Jon and baby Ray would look in the Beamer, how we'd celebrate his/her birthday (since he/she would be a Christmas baby), and every other way in which life would change. I'm not gonna lie, it was kind of fun to think about since so many people around us are having babies. However, we just got married in October! So, on that note I want to let everyone know that we have plans to go on a kickass Southern Caribbean cruise for our one year anniversary and I will be sipping on Pina Colodas while everyone else is changing diapers (j/k, sorta).

P.S. Why are babies so cute and tempting? I will personally blame Daneel and Amy for having cute little boogers, thanks guys! Thanks for giving the newlyweds the baby itch!

3 comments:

  1. Oh..I had the baby itch before we got married!..ha! We got married in June and I was pregnant by January! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. if we got pregnant now it'd be about the same timing! By the looks of precious Ava Reese it doesn't look like a moment "too soon" or crazy like everyone keeps telling us! It's hard not to have the baby itch when they're just so darn cute! However, we were planning to make it to our one year anniversary before we started down the next path so we'll see....

    ReplyDelete
  3. No...she was a "oops" {kinda} but she didn't come too soon! She is our world!! I would suggest making it to your 1 year anniversary though. Even though I have no regrets, I kinda wish we could have celebrated our 1 year anniversary on a big trip to Key West or something like that.. We have been married almost 3 years and I will have been pregnant 2 of those anniversarys and had a 8 month old the other.. ha!

    ReplyDelete