Saturday, April 3, 2010

Lots to talk about

Okay, so I haven't been good about blogging this week. Let's have a little recap. Monday was rough. The first day back after a long weekend just isn't my cup of tea. However, also on Monday I spoke with a recruiter about a great (or what I thought was...that's covered later) job as a newborn photographer at Northside and I rocked the interview so that made Monday much better. Tuesday I got a speeding ticket on my way to work so that's $125 down the drain for going 40 in a 30 zone. Tuesday night was my second to last photography class and it was good but I'm supposed to take 7 of the best pictures I've ever taken and I don't know when I can make it happen (working Saturdays stinks). Wednesday we met up with Dan and Amy for dinner and drinks (for everyone but preggo). I can't wait to meet baby Jennings soon! Thursday I talked Jon into going for sushi which was fabulous but I had a mini meltdown about jobs/careers etc. So now, to elaborate on the let down photography job. I happened to google the company and how much the photographers make to know what I was getting myself into. The way they explained the compensation to me actually sounded like it had potential for decent money. Not only would the money be comparable for only 4 days of work but it would be a great opportunity to expand into clients for my own company AND it would combine all my interests (photography, sales, families AND babies). But, no. The company has horrible reviews from all angles. I mean....employees and customers. No one is happy with them. They tell you that you make a base hourly wage AND commisson on sales but that has lies embedded. Plus, no one is happy with the photographs and customer service. Basically it's a scam, so I'm back to square one. Who knows what I'll do. Sigh. Friday started out at the gynocologist, enough said, but turned out awesome! We managed to rally everyone for not only Happy Hour but also an impromptu flip cup tournament at the house! I love the fact that we have a house to entertain and beds to crash in if need be. I'm so happy for amazing weather and a screen porch too! Hmm...I think that sums it all up! Maybe I'll re-visit this weekend and elaborate more on life :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment