Saturday, March 13, 2010

"and, boom goes the dynamite"

So, this little phrase has been the root of some funny conversation and disturbing reality lately. I will blame Family Guy on influencing our lives through one episode, one scene and one little phrase. To give you an idea of how this all become relevant I will paint a picture....imagine someone making love (or really just having sex) and when they're about to be satisfied (aka. finished/climax) they say "And, Boom goes the dynamite". This one little happening in the past two weeks has haunted me. Be it when Jon thinks it's just funny to say in mid-sentence in completely different topics of discussion like, me: "I think we should go to Target and get a stick vacuum to clean these nasty hardwoods" him: "And, boom goes the dynamite." Not only does it appear in random conversation but during social events and my biggest fear, sex. For some reason every time the mood just might be right all I can think about is my biggest fear coming to life. I'm just waiting for the moment that either a. one of us thinks about it and can't help but laugh or b. he ACTUALLY says it. For this reason I will be refraining from sexual activity until I can get this phrase out of my head and it stops being used as a daily "conversational phrase"

This one's for you baby ;-) (and Dupree)

1 comment:

  1. haha...I love how the phrase became a topic for one of your blog entries...and nice job with the shoutout to Dupree at the end! ha

    ReplyDelete