Monday, March 22, 2010

Stuck in the middle

So for some reason lately I've been feeling stuck in the middle. I don't know what it is. It's not bad or good, it's just weird and awkward. You know...kinda like middle school days. Right now though it's between a real adult and "fake" adult. I don't know how to explain it but basically here's my attempt. So I'm an adult because I have a real job, am married, have a "house", have two dogs (responsibilities you know), have a car payment, and have some real furniture and bils to pay. But for some reason I feel like I'm still a kid. It's been building little by little with friends being pregnant, having babies, buying houses, hosting wedding showers with fancy serveware, and having a true career path. I feel like I'm behind for some reason. However, I'm not sure I want to be one of those "real" adults right now. I can't imagine having a baby or having a mortgage payment. I mean, I love my life but why does it feel like I'm stuck in the middle? I don't like the middle. I would've been an awful middle child. How do I get out of my awkward "fake" adult stage without having a baby or spending a small fortune on a house? Jon and I have so many things we want to do before settling down but I guess we kinda are settled...hmm, awkward. Blah!

No comments:

Post a Comment