Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Lane!


My baby niece turned two on Friday and this weekend was ALL about her. She is absolutely adorable and was showered with attention and gifts this weekend. Do you think kids can tell they're loved? I think they can...at least Lane can. She would grin and perform and soak up all the attention she could get. Like aunt, like niece. We always tease because Lane has definitely taken the princess crown from me. Being the youngest and only girl made me the biggest attention whore ever. And now, Lane is. As I once said..."I didn't give up my spotlight, I switched crowns. I'm the queen and she's the princess of the Crowe clan." And I rest at night knowing that I am the best aunt ever. That was only confirmed by Jon and I giving her the coolest present for her birthday. Elmo dancing hands (chosen over My Little Pony, Disney princess dress up clothes, Rainbow Brite, Strawberry Shortcake, AND a sit n' spin)! These things are so stinkin' cute. For those of you who don't know what they are, they're hands that look like Elmo and you wear them and mimic the dance. It works along with a DVD that has little kids and Elmo dancing. It's got a catchy tune and ELMO! She looked so cute dancing with her big smile and bouncing curls. I'm glad I was able to spend some time with her this weekend. That's one of the big reasons that I love being back in Atlanta and close to family. Now we need to get her to learn my name. I fully expect that she will learn the easier name "Jon" first and mine will end up being something like "Manah" but I can't wait until she actually knows who I am.

P.S. This is obviously Christmas but isn't she cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment